Eccox Application Environment Management for Parallel Testing tool is the only solution on the market that automates infrastructure preparation processes for testing in IBM z/OS environments, allows the reprocessing of a given test, enabling a view of the results, and enables the creation of isolated scenarios for DB2 batch, VSAM CICS, DB2 CICS and DB2 IMS tests. By means of the registration of components of the system to be tested, it allows the user to obtain his own isolated test lane with clone components and test masses that meet the needs of the test.
Its goal is to provide the appropriate technology for adoption of Agile processes associated with DevOps, where, in the wake of deliveries, the creation of isolated test tracks provide the necessary speed, security and adherence in the provision of testing environment in order to meet multiple parallel projects and without conflict, by standardizing the testing processes of programs and systems, transforming the collection of test plans into a company asset.
Software testing is one of the key processes in the delivery of application. The market has matured to offer more success to the user, but changes in technology, such as agile practices, mobile computing and cloud platforms can hinder the evaluation of suppliers by testers and test managers. (Source: Gartner).
This category encompasses frameworks for tests in the environment of the distributed platform in the WORKBENCH segment, treating the mainframe as an “external resource”, and it executes the mainframe transactions in the “EMULATED” model. The tool seeks to simulate or emulates every access to “external resources” for the execution of tests. Thus, access to the mainframe or other systems, web, etc., are simulated by the product, closing the test in a kind of armored cell.
Eccox Application Environment Management for Parallel Testing, on the other hand, does not simulate these resources but rather it clones entities such as load modules, DB2 tables and JCL files in a mainframe environment. An application that comes from the distributed platform will really access the mainframe environment and will trigger processes and accesses to data and real systems. Eventually, these components will be clones of the original components, but CICS, IMS and DB2 are real, not simulated.
• Minimizes efforts to generate test conditions for applications;
• Retains the intelligence applied in the generation of test conditions for applications;
• Transforms application tests into an asset;
• Avoids the return of “old errors” due to maintenance of applications;
• Parallel tests through isolation in the same LPAR in a z/OS environment withoutinterference;
• Optimized cloning of components (only what is required for the test);
• Referential integrity of cloned databases and databases of the environment;
• Plans, automates and certifies the integration of the tests and their automated reapplication (concept: creates-uses-re-executes) through isolated environments – END-TO-END management.
• Reduced Time-to-Market;
• Greater uniformity of tests;
• Greater agility in program maintenance;
• Greater control over what was tested and what was not;
• Greater facility for conducting regression tests, preventing resolved errors from returning;
• Indirectly, from the establishment of test practices, it enables improvements in performance and availability.
- Less time to market.
- Greater availability of services.
- Savings through less rework.
- Costs become an asset.